In contrast to the Apple Watch, the iPhone has a simple mute switch that makes it easy to turn off notification sounds.
But how to put Apple Watch on silent? An Apple Watch can be silented in a number of ways.
While Theater Mode prevents the display from turning on when raising your wrist and Do Not Disturb mutes calls and notifications, muting your Apple Watch only disables sounds.
Keep reading, we will provide step by step guide on muting your Apple Watch.
How to Mute Your Apple Watch With Silent Mode?
Exactly what it says on the tin, Silent Mode does. All alerts, alarms, and push notifications are muted when the watch is silent. However, haptic feedback is still in use, so vibrations will still be used to alert you.
- To display the Apple Watch Control Center on an Apple Watch, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Silent Mode icon, which looks like a bell. Silent Mode is activated once it turns red. If you don’t put your watch in Silent Mode and an alarm or other notification goes off, you can cup your hand over the display for about three seconds to trigger a haptic buzz. This will turn off the alarm and put the Apple Watch in silent mode until you turn it back on.
- To turn Silent Mode off (which will allow sound again), swipe up and select the Silent Mode icon so that the icon is no longer red.
How to Turn on Do Not Disturb?
This function prevents ringing or screen illumination from calls and alerts on your Watch.
- The Control Center is visible by upswiping the Watch face.
- Click the symbol of a crescent moon.
- Choose a duration for this feature’s activation by selecting an option. “On” will keep Do Not Disturb on until you manually turn it off, and options like “On for 1 hour” and “On until this evening” automatically turn off After a certain amount of time, the message becomes Do Not Disturb.
- The moon icon will appear in the center of the Watch face once Do Not Disturb is turned on.
- On Do Not Disturb mode, alarms will still ring.
- The feature on iPhone is also turned on or off by switching Do Not Disturb on or off, and vice versa.
Read More: How To Charge Apple Watch Without Charger?
How to Set Apple Watch Theater Mode?
Is your watch acting as a bothersome flashlight and ruining family movie night? Or worse, embarrassing you in a movie theater? Here’s how to temporarily darken and quiet your watch using Apple Watch Theater Mode.
- From the Apple Watch’s bottom, swipe upward.
- Scroll until you find the button with the theater masks.
- Tap the Theater Mode button.
Both buttons’ colors will change to indicate that they are both turned on as Theater Mode also turns on Silent Mode automatically. Until you manually switch them off, Theater Mode and Silent Mode both remain active.
How to Put the Apple Watch on Vibrate?
You now understand how to disable the Apple Watch’s sound, but you also no longer receive any notifications. Oh no, here’s how to activate the Apple Watch’s vibration mode so that you can be silently informed of notifications, messages, and phone calls through a wrist vibration, even when the sound is off.
- Press the Digital Crown to get to the Watch Apps screen.
- The Settings icon can be found and tapped.
- Scroll down, find, then tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Find the Haptic Alerts setting.
- To enable haptic alerts, toggle the switch.
- By tapping it, choose Prominent.
How to Silence An Incoming Alert?
With the help of a feature called Cover to Mute, you can silence an incoming alert or notification if you forgot to mute or otherwise silence notifications beforehand.
- Go to the Watch iPhone app, tap the My Watch tab, and choose Sounds & Haptics to confirm Cover to Mute is enabled. Set Cover to Mute to on.
- Cover the display with your palm for about three seconds or until you feel a tap to silence an incoming alert or notification.
What is Silence Mode on Apple Watch?
When silent mode is turned on, all Apple Watch sounds are turned off.
Can You Silence Apple Watch But Not Phone?
Scroll down to General in the Watch app on your iPhone.Tap the “Do Not Disturb” menu item.Toggle “Mirror iPhone” to on. In other words, Do Not Disturb will activate or deactivate simultaneously on both your iPhone and your watch (and you can change the setting from either device).
Does Apple Watch Have Vibrate Mode?
By increasing the haptic feedback for the device’s alerts, you can make your Apple Watch vibrate. The Settings app on your Apple Watch or the Watch app on your iPhone make it simple to modify the haptic feedback on your Apple Watch.
You are now aware of the various methods for turning off your Apple Watch. If you want to learn more about Apple Watch, read our post below: